Our litigation practice is extensive and over the years has included cases involving personal injury, medical and legal malpractice, divorce and defense of death penalty litigation, among others types of actions. In representing those clients, our goal has always been to achieve the best results possible. While confidentiality concerns, such as the client's identity and the client's confidences, rightfully limit what we may disclose about those cases, the following case snapshots are representative of the types of litigation which we have handled:
- A medical malpractice case involving a young child with a missed diagnosis of a chest tumor resulting in Horner's syndrome
- A medical malpractice case involving the missed diagnosis of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy resulting in the death of the unborn baby
- A personal injury case involving a defective elevator which resulted in severe head trauma
- A personal injury case involving a motor vehicle accident resulting in severe hand trauma
- A personal injury case involving a crushed testicle sustained while the client had been a resident of a long-term care facility
- A personal injury case involving a bus accident resulting in our client suffering complex partial seizures
- A medical malpractice case involving the failure to disclose to our client the known risks of the surgical procedure
- A medical malpractice case involving the choking death of a patient suffering from Prader-Willi syndrome
- A legal malpractice case involving negligent deed preparation
- A personal injury case from a bus accident resulting in our client suffering from broken bones when the driver lost control of the bus
- Sexual harassment cases litigated on behalf of both the employer and the employee
- A death penalty retrial accepted by us at the request of the Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy after the defendant had been convicted of three counts of murder in the first trial. We were able to negotiate a plea to Facilitation and Custodial Interference.
- A death penalty case involving the shooting of a taxi driver for which we were able to negotiate a plea resulting in a fair and just sentence for a juvenile defendant adjudicated as an adult
- A death penalty case involving the shooting of an elderly woman in which we were able to establish a racial motive in the prosecution of the case. We negotiated a plea resulting in a fair and just sentence.
- A death penalty case involving the defense of a mentally challenged client for which the jury rejected death as a possible penalty
- A complex contract case involving fraud and misrepresentation
- Numerous labor and employment disputes involving the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
Contact Atkins & Atkins today
At the law firm of Atkins & Atkins in Louisville, we stand ready to protect you and your business' best interests. Call our office at 502.584.9714 or contact us online to discuss your legal situation.